Memos at BraTenders
BraTenders NYC© (hereinafter referred to as “BT”) began extending what came to be known as “Memo Privileges” when theater, TV and movie production clients purchased most of their undergarment, hosiery, and accessory needs from BT. With the proliferation of internet shopping, the entertainment industry shoppers have begun sourcing garments online. Also, with Covid closing down a major section of BT’s client base, BT can no longer pull memos without compensation.
BT is a service business that stocks and sells often difficult to find products, required by costume and design crews and casts working throughout the entertainment industry. Oftentimes these requests come with a deadline of: “Need it yesterday!” Every purchase requires the time and efforts of our professional, 3-person team. We are a highly specialized small business, which allows us the flexibility to provide these goods and services in a timely way to an on-demand clientele. Understandably, this also makes returns very costly in terms of time and money.
There is a $50 Pull/Consultation fee if you ask us to research, source or pull product and don't make a purchase.
This serves as notice of BT’s new return policy effective immediately unless otherwise contractually agreed:
- A handling fee equal to 25% of the value of the memo, or a minimum purchase, whichever is greater, will be applied to every return. This means that if you borrowed an item valued at $100, $25.00 would be charged for its use/return. If you purchased something else for $30, BT would apply this amount toward the returned memo.
- Special orders must be pre-paid and are not eligible for return.
- Any garment with a gusset must be purchased and is a FINAL SALE. This includes all panties, boy shorts, thongs, briefs, shapewear, g strings, tights, men’s underwear, dance belts, and modesty wear.
- Garments purchased in multiples are FINAL SALE.
- Accessories, adhesive products, hosiery are FINAL SALE
- Bust pads, butt pads and other enhancers are FINAL SALE
- All Hosiery is FINAL SALE
BT recommends Virtual Fittings in lieu of removing garments from our shop “on memo”. BT staff are available to meet with any member of the design team to discuss the look the foundations will help create, either in person or virtually. Then, when BT meets with the cast members for fittings, they can observe their bodies, and understand which sizes and styles best suit their and design team’s self-described needs.
BraTenders would like to thank you for your understanding of these policy changes and looks forward to continuing the mutually beneficial relationships established with their long-standing clients. Remember, if you can’t find it…we can!